[CQ-Contest] Stateside qso's

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Stateside qso's
From: w2xx@cloud9.net (J.P. Kleinhaus)
Date: Mon Nov 10 10:46:06 1997
Hi Rick:

It has always been my policy to log *everyone* who calls me in a
CQWW.  Some of these guys might need the zone or they might be rookies
that don't understand the complete rules.  More common, I think, is
the non-contester that is tuning the bands and likes what he hears,
then decides he will "help out" by giving a few QSO's out.

I find it is infinitely easier (and faster!) work the guy and log
the QSO rather than try to explain it in the middle of a run.  If h e
gives what appears to be a serial number in the exchange, I try to
straighten him out.

One of our ops in CQWW SSB kept saying "DX only" to the US callers.
I asked him to just work them and keep on going...much easier on the
blood pressure!

73, J.P. W2XX
J.P. Kleinhaus, W2XX  (fdba AA2DU)
E-mail:  w2xx@cloud9.net

As we say in the software business:  "You are hosed."

 -
 ---