[CQ-Contest] DSP for CW contesting - summary

Subject: [CQ-Contest] DSP for CW contesting - summary
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu Nov 13 12:30:32 1997
It appears that virtually nobody is using outboard DSP for CW contesting,
or at least I assume it's so, because I got only 2 replies.  One
recommended the DSP in the Omni 6 Plus (I wish!), and said the NIR-12 he
had before worked well.  Another said he was pleased with cascading his
Timewave 599+ and Omni 6 with both DSPs operating.  Thanks, guys!

I emailed both Timewave and JPS (maker of the NIR-12), and based on the
replies, just ordered a NIR-12 from Davis RF -- good price, and they have a
2-week return policy, so if it doesn't do what I need I can return it.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

"That's WEST Virginia.  Thanks and 73"