[CQ-Contest] Re: new categories...neverending debate

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: new categories...neverending debate
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Thu Nov 20 18:42:10 1997
Richard L. King wrote:

> True, and I still don't think I can win M/M. Even if I use more than one
> radio.

Hi  Richard.  Yes you can!  I won M/M for the 7th call area in the 94 WPX
SSB test.  There are some contests that don't have very many M/M entries.
 I looked through CQ magazine at the results for the 3 years prior to 94,
and don't think anyone entered M/M from 7th call area. There were severan
M/S entries. A couple of buddies and I set up 2 stations and did a big
(for us) effort, and won.  Did almost 1000 q's.  Not bad for a bunch of
OF's.  So pick your contest and check the previous years scores, and you
might be surprised.

Tom W7WHY

 -
 ---