[CQ-Contest] 80M propagation

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 80M propagation
From: n7ng@sprynet.com (n7ng@sprynet.com)
Date: Mon Dec 1 13:41:36 1997
For what it's worth, 80 meters as well as 40 and 160) was great on
Friday night here in Wyoming.  I worked all of my (50) 80M multipliers
on Friday night.  If the East Coast was not able to work Eu on Friday
night, I guess that explains our success out here.

I was not surprised to hear the auroral flutter/back scatter late
Saturday, and the poor conditions which followed on 80 and 160 (less
poor on 40).  There was a flare reported by WWV (0503Z on 28
November), and the k index did go up to 1 and then 2 on Saturday.  I
don't think there is anything unusual here, but the effect was
probably the subject of more than the usual scrutiny...

Wayne, N7NG