[CQ-Contest] IC-765 Sensitivity

Subject: [CQ-Contest] IC-765 Sensitivity
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Mon Dec 1 23:36:37 1997
NZ1W just purchased a used IC-765 with a serial number close to my own
IC-765 serial number.  We put them side by side this past weekend and  my
765 has noticeably less sensitivity.  We think it may have to do with
prior exposure to too much RF coming in on Beverage antennas.

I have built a relay box to protect both transceivers in the future.  But
. . .  What are the first components to replace in the hope of bringing
sensitivity of an IC-765 back up?  The front end is not shot, but it
seems to have suffered over time.

Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               617/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu