[CQ-Contest] Acoustic Baffle Design

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Acoustic Baffle Design
From: n5nj@worldnet.att.net (Robert Naumann)
Date: Wed Dec 3 07:07:28 1997
I do not, but "The Sharper Image" stores at a mall near you have a pair of
noise canceling headphones that are amazing.  The price is about $70 and did
I say, they're amazing ?

K3MM directed me to them while we were at V26B in October.  I bought them on
a trip back to NJ the next week and on my return flight, I tried them out.
Just having the headphones on almost completely eliminated the normal noise
on the plane - you know the engine noise, the air from all the vents etc..
I could hear what the flight attendant was saying to people several rows
away from me.  In the shack, the same thing happens although it's a bit more
subtle.  The fan on top of my 30L1, the fan in the computer, and the noise
from the forced air heat vent is completely in audible with the headphones
on.  It's unsettling to hear how noisy it is in here without them on.

Highly recommended!
73,
Bob  N5NJ

Robert E. Naumann