[CQ-Contest] Summary - ICE vs. Dunestar

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Summary - ICE vs. Dunestar
From: w2up@itw.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Thu Dec 4 01:33:36 1997
I got very few replies to my inquiry about ICE vs. Dunestart bandpass
filters (more requests to post the results). So here are the
comments:

I bought a set (6 bands) of ICE filters just before the contest.  Our
MS ran antennas about 100 feet from each other to 12 feet separation
(40 meter beam over KT34XA) and the ICE filters saved us.  The filters
go between the rigs and the amps, of course.  We ran a KW on each rig
and things went fine.  Interference was nil to minimal.  Almost flat
SWR across each band and up to 60 db down at other bands.  Well worth
the money.
Can't say about the ICE, but Dunestars work for me. When I first
looked into it, the ICEs were automatically selectable. Ron at
DuneStar gives great service.

Share your responses please, I was part of the multi single K7SP
effort and had ICE bandpass filters, I was not pleased, a lot of
feedover.
--
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up@itw.com
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com