[CQ-Contest] VR8A (and other oddities)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] VR8A (and other oddities)
From: trey@kkn.net (Trey Garlough)
Date: Fri Dec 5 11:17:55 1997
> >And Last: A61AJ ...
>
> Can't comment on operating techniques, because despite 1630 other QSOs I
> never even heard them!  Go figure.

Yep.  But it goes both ways.  When we visited Ceuta in 1993 and did a
M/M on SSB, I was on 40.  There was a big effort that weekend from Sri
Lanka, 4S0AA or 4S0DX or soemthing like that.  I heard them over and
over and over and could never crack the pileup, ever.

Finally around 2300Z on Sunday I get a call from these guys, "EA9UK,
you are 59-22.  We have been calling you *all* weekened and we have
never been able to crack the pileup.

--Trey, N5KO