[CQ-Contest] Multiple Calls/One Transmitter

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Multiple Calls/One Transmitter
From: broz@csn.net (John Brosnahan)
Date: Wed Dec 17 14:55:05 1997
>"9) Misc Rules:  A transmitter used to contact one or more stations may not
>subsequently be used under any other call during the contest period (with
>the exception of family stations where more than one call is assigned by
>FCC/DOC)."

Just another advantage that the two-rig stations have--one rig for
each of the two separate operations!    :-)

Done properly two operators could do a simultaneous operation
from one station with two rigs as long as they muxed the antennas
and  didn't mind taking turns sitting in each other's laps.   ;-)

That is why intent is so important.  I don't think the rules intended
to disallow things that made for more fun and that put no one
to any sort of disadvantage--their intent was to make illegal
various forms of log padding.  Too bad the rules have to be so general
as to rule out some types of operating that might actually enhance
the contest as well as individual operator's fun in the process of
removing loopholes.

Happy Holidays--

John  W0UN