[CQ-Contest] G-1000SDX

Subject: [CQ-Contest] G-1000SDX
From: ku7y@.dri.edu (Monte Stark)
Date: Sat Dec 20 17:05:29 1997
Hi Cesar,

I just put a G-1000SDX into operation a few weeks ago.

It went togeather with no problems, all parts were there and it worked
when I pluged it in!

Right now it's holding my C4SXL/H at 85' with the winds gusting to a bit
over 50mph. No slipping yet!

I put some of that Screw Grab tool grabber stuff that Steve, of Tower
Tech here on the list sells on the mast and mast clamp. Don't know if
that's helping or not but so far so good.

For what it's worth.....when my small Create rotor broke in a 70 mph
wind, I called Gerald at Texas Towers and got the G-1000SDX shipped here
in 2 days. Same thing with some parts from Steve at Tower Tech. They
were also here in a hurry. This let me make the rotor change while I had
some help here over Thanksgiving.

When something breaks and you watch your toy budget take a hit, it sure
is nice to be able to spend the money with nice people that have good
follow through! Thanks to both,

cul,

--
73,  Ron, KU7Y