[CQ-Contest] rotators

Subject: [CQ-Contest] rotators
From: vk3ajj@techno.net.au (vk3ajj)
Date: Mon Dec 29 05:35:47 1997
Dear Reflectees,

Now summer time in VK and fine WX for improving the station.

I am looking at putting up a second tower to accommodate a 9el log periodic
(14-28mhz 28ft boom) and a 2el 30m yagi all on the one mast. Rotor will be
mounted inside the tower.

As usual this project is being attempted "on the cheap" and I am thus
shopping around for a 2nd hand rotator. The only rotors sighted at this
stage are the Yaesu g-1000 sdx and the Tailtwister T2. Have not had
experience with either rotor. Would appreciate any meaningful advice re:

Which is the better rotor,
Will they handle the windload for the proposed antenna system?

New tower will get me onto WARC with a resonable signal whilst Log will
serve as a second (scouting) antenna come contest time.

Anyone with 2nd hand rotor for sale also welcome to respond (happy to ship
from just about anywhere)

Please respond direct.

Paul (vk3ajj)