[CQ-Contest] Rules, shmules?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Rules, shmules?
From: Ve3bmv@aol.com (Ve3bmv)
Date: Fri Jan 2 12:17:23 1998
Hi Dave, K4JRB   -  Happy New Year!

Thanks for doing the CQ 160 m contests processing, but...

   I see no action taken, nor writeup on gross violation of contest rules by
W2GD crew sitting just about whole contest at 1835.7, LSB, putting signal into
the DX window 1830-1835 - wiping at least 3 kHz fo DX window and preventing NA
stations to work weak Eu and DX in the window (violation of contest rules).
    What is the result of this? Does it mean I can go unpunished doing the
samething this year? Was my N2EE low power score put into high power category
as a "reward" for bringing the matter up on the reflector after the contest?
I would like to see clarification on this matter.

I am beginning to think that ethics are beginning to evaporate even on the
gentleman's band. Are the rules and regulations big joke for "uninformed"?
    Seems to be more of it all the time, transmitting out of band, running
excessive power, packet, etc. Like "Lampedusa 300W" by  Marconi Contest Club
member IG9/IV3TAN in CQ WW SSB contest using FL2100 into a single vertical
with a small catch: he had to bring three phase 380V power lines (to feed what
was AFTER poor Yaesu amp.) Congratulations Marconis! Your signals were at
least 30 dB louder at all times on 160 than poor ON4UN, EA8s or anything from
Eu or Af running kWs!
    You seem to be following in the footsteps of "great" Marconi who became
famous by using and taking credit for Tesla's work and patents.
    Do we clean up the mess, or do we start building "Godzilla" amplifiers?
Wonder what esteemed contesting community thinks. I can go either way.
(Flames to me, I can summarize them.)

Happy New Year and Good Luck!

Yuri  K3BU, VE3BMV