[CQ-Contest] RE: Alpha Travel Case/C&H Sales

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: Alpha Travel Case/C&H Sales
From: henrypol2@juno.com (henrypol2@juno.com)
Date: Mon Jan 12 10:30:03 1998
Just a note of CAUTION!

KJ7CH's recent note on travel cases mentioned a case in C&H's catalog:
"...Also, the fall catalog of C&H Sales Company (1-800-325-9465)
had a carry-on instrument case WITH retractable handle and wheels for
$49.95. . "

These cases were made for IBM with foam padding inside for some type of
instrument/portable PC.  I purchased a new one from an ex-IBM employee at
his garage/moving sale last year.  It only survived for 3 trips to the
west coast, and this was only packed with normal clothes and paperwork
inside.  The handle retracting mechanism was the first thing to break.
Then on the last trip, one of the hinges broke.  I sure wouldn't trust
one of these to safely transport anything very heavy.  If mine is a
typical unit, then there sure should be a lot of damaged IBM equipment
out there.

FWIW

73,
Henry Pollock - WB4HFL