[CQ-Contest] Re: More NAQPs (or any other contest)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: More NAQPs (or any other contest)
From: k7fr@televar.com (Gary A. Nieborsky PE)
Date: Tue Jan 13 20:11:26 1998
I think reality needs to step in to the heady atmosphere created by the
onslaught of sunspots.

My lovely and charming YL (a ham and engineer) grudgingly allows me CQWW
(one mode, maybe both if I drag some other ops in), both SS (as a nostalgia
trip from our wild college days), any of the 160 contests (she gets my
daytime hours), 10M (only because 4 or so of the 11 years really mean
anything) and one of the ARRL DX (per the same criteria as CQWW).  I can
not extract another weekend unless it happens to involve some DX location
complete with ALL amenities (scratch Clipperton......).

Let's get real.  If we can't slake the contest junky, type A personality
lurking within us with the available contests throughout the year then
adding another NAQP won't do it either.  I'm burned out by March.  My
family is burned out by the second weekend in November.........

Just some thoughtsssssssss

73 Gary K7FR