[CQ-Contest] New Radio?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] New Radio?
From: f.ruddell@qub.ac.uk (Fred Ruddell)
Date: Wed Jan 14 10:38:01 1998
Greetings to all from a new subscriber to the list.  I would be
grateful for any views on the choice of a new HF rig.

I am currently using a TS530S, which I have had from new (1982).  It
has given excellent service, but now feels a bit out of date.  I can
only really consider the TS570D or the FT920.  Any comments about
which would be a better buy?  My main operation is on SSB, but I do
enjoy some CW.

Or is it the case that unless I can afford a FT1000MP, I would be
better to stick with what I've got?

Best 73,
Fred Ruddell,
GI4MWA