[CQ-Contest] WARC Band Contests

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WARC Band Contests
From: g4buo@compuserve.com (Dave Lawley)
Date: Wed Jan 14 17:15:09 1998
I agree with Ward N0AX. All the time there are NO contests on
the WARC bands, we can say to the anti-contesters that there
is a haven where they can go on the (few) weekends when we
trash the main six HF bands. Even if you just introduce a 4-hour
event on 30m once a year, we can no longer say the WARC bands
are totally free of contests. Once someone starts a contest on the
new bands, someone else will start another one and pretty soon
the calendar will be full of them.

Another point which hasn't really been brought up yet: with a single
tower I can just about get a short stack of monobanders up for
20 15 and 10 but if I have to be competitive on the WARC bands
as well (although not necessarily on the same weekend) I will
have to change to a log periodic which means less gain on
20 and 15, or spend every non-contest weekend changing
yagis around on the tower. Unless you have a big station you
won't have room for competitive antennas on three extra bands.

Dave G4BUO