[CQ-Contest] Re: GRAY LINE MAP

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: GRAY LINE MAP
From: Chad_Kurszewski@csg.mot.com (Chad Kurszewski WE9V)
Date: Fri Jan 16 10:30:41 1998
At 03:31 PM 1/16/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Bob N8YGG wrote:
>
> |Go to the home page of GeoClock, they offer both a shareware and a
> |pay for version that are great.  It includes a screen saver also.
> |I'm currently running the shareware version under both 3.1 and 95
> |and it handles both with no problem. They also offer a ham version
> |to buy. Their web site is at:
> |
> |http://www.clark.net/pub/bblake/geoclock/
>
>But the gray line is not plotted on to a great circle map for your
>location. That's what is REALLY needed to understand propagation. Don't
>think that exists however, certainly not in real-time software (either MAC
>or Windows).

At least in the earlier releases of Geoclock, if you got the pay version,
and a couple more bucks, gave you a HAM version, INCLUDING a great
circle may for YOUR location so you could do exactly as you say.

I'm not sure if they are still doing that.

---
Chad Kurszewski, WE9V         e-mail:  Chad_Kurszewski@csg.mot.com
The Official "Sultans of Shwing" Web Site:  http://www.QTH.com/sos