[CQ-Contest] Future for DOS programs

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Future for DOS programs
From: AnthonyScandurra@FirstUSA.com (AnthonyScandurra@FirstUSA.com)
Date: Sun Jan 18 10:59:56 1998
Dave,

There are a few discrepancies in your note. Edit and the DOS shell DO
exist in Win95. DOS 7 is most definitely DOS. That is one of the
shortcomings of Win95. Microsoft bent over backward to make sure W95
would be compatible with as many DOS programs as possible. While support
for DOS programs certainly will not go on for ever, it will continue for
quite some time. There are WAY too many DOS programs still in use for
Microsoft to even THINK about dumping DOS support for a LONG time. Even
WinNT runs DOS programs!!!

I am no advocate of DOS or Windows, but the market will dictate what
Microsoft will have to do to satisfy its customers.

Anthony Scandurra - KG2MY
UNIX System Administrator - FileNET Systems
Phone: (302)434-7655
Fax: (302)594-4020