[CQ-Contest] 2 radio reprise

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 2 radio reprise
From: W1HIJ@contesting.com (W1HIJ--Bill)
Date: Thu Jan 22 11:35:20 1998
Well, that was an interesting experience---

Suggest an idea, ask for opinions, and be accused of  "whinning", of trying
to subvert the "sport", of trying to get special treatment, or making it a
money issue.... I shudda figured out that talking about classes on the
contest reflector is as dangerous as talking about religion at a cocktail
party.....

I'll think two (or three or four) times before doing that again....

For the record, there were responses from 9 people, 4 were in favor of the
idea of either a separate class or at least a notation in published
results, 5 were opposed.... the "opposed" were a lot more vehement than the
"in favors" were enthusiastic, whatever that means....

And to those of you who made an assumption that I was "jealous" of your
standings and skills and didn't want to compete--- sorry, it just ain't
true....

Sprint anyone???
73

Bill, W1HIJ