[CQ-Contest] Feb. 98 CQ out

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Feb. 98 CQ out
From: henrypol2@juno.com (henrypol2@juno.com)
Date: Fri Jan 23 17:05:42 1998
A historical trip to the PO box today; received the official FCC document
that says I am now K4TMC.  Oh..., almost forgot, the latest CQ arrived.

Re last month's (Jan.) non-delivered CQ; think I discovered what may have
happened.  This issue's address label was barely stuck on the front
cover.  So I suspect that the Jan. issue label actually fell off
somewhere in transit.  I checked the last July - Dec. issues and found
that the labels were not easily removable.  Someone at CQ may want to
check on the glue that is now being used to attach the mailing labels.

OK, so what is in this issue.....

Front cover photo of W7MAE in his shack with some further details on the
Contents page.

Contest related items:  Pipe or Tube, Which is Which? (a reference
article for antenna construction efforts); and Contest Calendar column -
DX Packet Spotting is Alive and Well!.

Other Interesting items:  How to Build a 30 Meter 100 Watt Amplifier
(construction project); The Art of Getting QSL Cards From Rare Stations;
The TooToob (construction of a QRP AM rig for 75 meters); The Wireless
Set No. 48 (another WW II rig); Longer Than Longwave - Part II; VHF Plus
column - Mountaintopping and Rovering; Washington Readout column - FCC's
RF Safety Supplement for Amateurs; and more ....

73 and good reading,
Henry Pollock - K4TMC (ex WB4HFL)
Raleigh, NC

"Trees are not for wire antennas only!"