[CQ-Contest] East coast vs. West coast

Subject: [CQ-Contest] East coast vs. West coast
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Thu Jan 29 16:22:07 1998
On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Kirk H Pengelly wrote:

> Watching this debate, I've yet to see anyone say that they would pull up
> stakes and move to the upper mid-west (ie: RF's Black hole).

Yep.  No doubt the closer you get to WB0O, the worse chance you have in
doing well in a DX contest.  I think everyone here, with a few clueless
exceptions, understand this fact.

Personally I marvel at the acomplishments of guys like W9JA, W9RE, N2IC
& other midwesterners who continue to brave the all band categories and
still manage to make a box.

Kudos to the contest organizers of the CQWW and ARRL DX for breaking out
geographic areas in the writeups.  In my estimation, the winner of Zone
5 should get no more attention than the winner for Zone 3.  We should
all be as impressed with N6IG's zone 3 win as we are with K1AR's zone 5
win for CQWW.

73

Bill, W4AN