[CQ-Contest] New Band Changes Ideas?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] New Band Changes Ideas?
From: wo4o@juno.com (Ric Painter)
Date: Mon Feb 23 10:35:14 1998
Should they receive more privileges by the stroke of
a pen from a politician or wouldn't it be better for those
of us with more privileges to invite those with less over to
our station for both observation and hands on training to
help them earn more privileges?  (Many lack knowledge
and will not learn without an Elmer.  This was my case.)
Field Day and presentations at club stations help, too.
Whatever you do, make it FUN!!!

73 Ric Wo4o
wo4o@juno.com

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998  K3TD writes:

>Hans Brakob wrote:
>
>> Let's let them mix with mainstream hams, expose them to the
>> "culture" of HF, and watch how fast they upgrade to get on
>> the "real" DX/contesting bands like 20.
>>
>> 73, de Hans, K0HB
>
>Hans is right.  We learn best by doing.  Getting new hams on the air
>with
>experienced operators is the right way to teach proper operating
>techniques.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]