[CQ-Contest] New Band Changes Ideas?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] New Band Changes Ideas?
From: aa4lr@radio.org (Bill Coleman AA4LR)
Date: Thu Feb 26 11:26:14 1998
I've received several corrections and wish to publically admit that I was
in error.

Novices have always been segregated into a frequency getto. I was
referring to a quote in "Your Novice Accent" an article by Keith S.
Williams, W6DTY, which I remembered incorrectly. The quote:

"In pre-novice days an amatuer launched forth in the main stream and in
very short order lost his beginner's accent and was taken for a native."

I remembered the gist of the quote, and somehow equivocated the change to
incentive licensing - forgetting entirely the "pre-novice" part. This was
incorrect. Mea cupla.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901