[CQ-Contest] R7000+

Subject: [CQ-Contest] R7000+
From: ve5cma@hotmail.com (Doug Richardson)
Date: Fri Feb 27 09:27:30 1998
Just last weekend I put the R7000 +80 (with several friends to help).
Tips for those in the future:
1) Mast: I found a great mast, 2" galvanized pipe from the top runner of
a scrapped chain link fence.
2) MUCH easier to put the radial wires on last, not first as per
instructions.
3) I found the assembly instructions were off quite a bit in forecasting
what dimensions would yield what SWR minimums on what frequencies
(although every installation must have its own characteristics). I found
it tuned 100kHz lower than "forecast" on 40m and 80m although this may
not be everyone's experience.
4) the 80m+ version is VERY FLOPPY and does not take being handled in a
horizontal position very well. Much stronger when upright, but (we
didn't but could have) the 80+ version could kink or break if
mis-handled in a horizontal position during handling or assembly.

VE5CMA Doug Richardson
3226 Tufts Bay East
Regina SK  Canada  S4V 1V2
voice (306)789-2254