[CQ-Contest] Is "Log /QRP" part of callsign???

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Is "Log /QRP" part of callsign???
From: k0hb@juno.com (Hans Brakob)
Date: Thu Mar 5 21:19:02 1998
1234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
troesne@gwdg.de writes:

> I can remeber some years ago, there was an article in the german CQ-DL
> magazine publishing a note from the german telecommunication
> authority.

> According to them everything which is connected to the "main" callsign
> by using a stroke ( / ) is an official part of the callsign (by
> international telecommunications laws for callsign building of the
> ITU). Additions to the (HAM) callsign could be ONLY ..... <clip>

Not to continue to pick the fly-specks out of the pepper bowl, but
here in the US the rules are a lot less restrictive.  An amateur
can put most anything (see the FCC rule 97.119(c) below) either
*before* or *after* their call or *both*, separated by a stroke.

Thus you could legally sign in any of the following formats...

   KB0XYZ/QRP
   KB0XYZ/M
   QRP/KB0XYZ
   M/KB0XYZ
   QRP/KB0XYZ/M
   BILL/KB0XYZ
   DALE/K5MM/JONES

...but all of them will surely farkle up your contest rate.

§97.119 Station identification.

 (c) One or more indicators may be included with the call sign.
     Each indicator must be separated from the call sign by the
     slant mark (/) or by any suitable word that denotes the slant
     mark. If an indicator is self-assigned, it must be included
     before, after, or both before and after, the call sign. No
     self-assigned indicator may conflict with any other indicator
     specified by the FCC Rules or with any prefix assigned to another
     country.

73, de HANS/K0HB/4ID

~~~
 All good contesters stay young until they die, for the Top-Ten box
 is the only dream of youth that doth not grow stale with age.
~~~

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]