[CQ-Contest] 9M0C & ARRL Contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 9M0C & ARRL Contest
From: W2CE@prodigy.net (W2CE)
Date: Sun Mar 8 14:41:23 1998
> A DXpedition certainly has the right to operate any way that they want.
> I will never argue against that. However, with the stated goal of making
> as many QSOs as possible (you made a reference to 4th highest DXpedition
> QSO total ever!) why not work the W6 and give a power?

Without doubt the 9M0C team had the right to choose NOT to enter the
contest. The fact that they appeared on CW during the period created a
conflict, but a need for JA QSO's caused the opperation on CW.

My own hunch why a contest exchange was not made would be because 9M0C
was not going to spend any significant time contesting and did not want
to give an unfair edge to a few big guns or buddies.

Internet announcements were made all week prior to the contest that they
would not give contests QSO's.

Don't work anyone, show no favoritism.

       73, Bob, W2CE

   Robert Reed, W2CE                        W2CE@prodigy.net