[CQ-Contest] No Contesters for 9M0C!!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] No Contesters for 9M0C!!
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed Mar 11 11:22:12 1998
At 02:36 AM 3/9/98 -0500, Eugene Walsh wrote:
>When I am operating the AA and someone from somewhere else
>calls in, I say "Hello".  If I am in the ARRL and someone
>from Iowa calls, I say "Hello".  If someone asks for a number
>(Or a favorite color) in the "East Overbite QSO party" I
>give him a number.  I did this when I was in Africa,
>Caribbean, and all around the town.  Anything else would be
>acting like a jerk.  Certainly not like a HAM!
>
>I do, however, admit that any person is free to act
>any way he or she wishes; however "Enlightened" (Or
>annointed) they feel that they may be.  I am free,
>also, to feel that some of them suck (In the vernacular
>of my kids).

Right on, Gene.  In TRLog (and, I suspect in other logging software, it's
even easy to use the software's "note" function during the ARRL test to log
some guy in Michigan who's never worked WV before and wants a QSL.  If he
goes away with a quick QSO and eventually a QSL, I think it's a good thing
for contesting, in the long term.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

"That's WEST Virginia.  Thanks and 73"