[CQ-Contest] Statistics and Checking, WPX, etc.

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Statistics and Checking, WPX, etc.
From: i4jmy@migate.ampr.org (i4jmy@migate.ampr.org)
Date: Sat Mar 14 00:47:11 1998
  Unluckily I have not yet on my hands (a matter of days) the march
issue of CQ-magazine, so I can't be absolutely sure about what I
tell, but after I have read what is actually placed at the bottom
of this message, I can't restrain.
My excuses in advance if It'll came out that I'm wrong.
  I was very curious to know about our final position in last WPX SSB,
so I did ask and then received, by a friend who already has that issue,
the final top ten M/S list and scores of '97.
The scores of the final result are excactly the same that the scores
printed in a previous CQ issue as the declared ones (minus one that's
incomparable because wasn't at all in the declared list).

  An obvious question rises, what's the reason to pull out such 24,000
"unique" calls if then the final scores practically reprint the
declared ones ??

  Among the thousands qso of the first 10 M/S no one made mistakes ?

  What about M/M and S/O top ten too, I'm very curious.
I'm waiting to have the march issue to check in detail declared and
final scores about top tens in all the categoryes.
I'm anyway happy to know WPX introduced some logs cross checking like
in WWDX, it will be a good not to use it only as a statistic report.

Another suggestion to log checkers is to cross-check time. If it is
accettable some "clock" is late or in advance, it's not so "plain"
a log where this trend is sospiciously floating (by a quantity close
to a band change period) for groups of qsos, as to give space for
"fillings".
The next millenium log-checking challange could include this too.

73,
Mauri I4JMY (one of IR4T)

e-mail i4jmy@migate.ampr.org