[CQ-Contest] M/S READ THIS

Subject: [CQ-Contest] M/S READ THIS
From: Ken.Silverman@zool.AirTouch.COM (Ken.Silverman@zool.AirTouch.COM)
Date: Sun Mar 15 22:18:10 1998

Ken Silverman@AIRTOUCH
03/15/98 10:18 PM

>I suspect that the 160 QSO with P5AJ caused a M/S rule violation for P5AJ
>and was wiped from the log rather than zero counted & that the operation
>didn't realize the rules require them to leave all QSO's in the log and
>just zero count it.

>From my side of the QSO the only corrective action I can take is to only
>work the
>RUN station of a M/S.
>I'd much rather see the M/S be aware not to wipe contacts out of their
logs

If P5AJ did work you and then pulled you from the log for a rule violation
AFTER the contest, then you would never know it DURING the contest.

The best thing is to educate the contest community about
impact of deleting QSOs from your log for any reason
(could be a good topic for the various contest columns in
all the magazines).  All
QSOs should be kept in the log and zero-pointed if there was
and error (I am also a believer of
logging all dupes - but that gets into religious territory)
>that would result in a rule violation but just zero them out.
>(that is allowed - right???)

Making a QSO zero points is allowed!   But I suspect it is not known by
all.  I
would also think that some people might be embarrassed
(or purposely deceitful) about not wanting their "mistakes"
to show up in the log.
73, Kenny K2KW