[CQ-Contest] TS-870 modifications?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] TS-870 modifications?
From: DL1IAO@sugarland.ampr.org (DL1IAO@sugarland.ampr.org)
Date: Wed Apr 1 11:30:00 1998
I have used one in different allband contests and have added
2 seperate jacks for connecting RX ant's.

  1)  Has anyone tried to squeeze the PA a little bit as it is
      possible with the 850?  I would like to have 120..130W drive
      for the AMP.

  2)  Still could not figure out how to key the built-in DRU-3
      with CT as the RS-232 needs a control program (running
      under CT?).  Thinking of adding another jack with direct
      connections to the front keys in order to get easy access
      to the DRU-3.

Any ideas?

I agree that the 870 does not sound real serious on LF.  Any
measurements (comparisons) available?

73,

Stefan
DL1IAO@sugarland.ampr.org