[CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-WPX..A Modest Proposal

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-WPX..A Modest Proposal
From: w9wi@bellsouth.net (Doug Smith W9WI)
Date: Fri Apr 3 01:41:45 1998
At 11:45 PM 4/2/98 -0500, K2AV wrote: (among other things)
>Scoring rules: same zone or same country:              1 point
>                    else geographically adjacent zone:    3 points
>                    else same continent:                        5 points
>                    else different continent:                   7 points

If this is a prefix contest, why do we need a different number of points for
different geographic areas?  How about one point per QSO for all QSOs?  Do
it that way, and if you don't have propagation for DX, you can run some
domestic QSOs on 40 to stay awake.  (and get some mults in the process)

73 Doug

Douglas E. Smith  W9WI/4
1385 Old Clarksville Pike
Pleasant View, TN  37146-8098 USA