[CQ-Contest] Operating Desks???

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Operating Desks???
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Tue Apr 14 08:33:05 1998
Hey Rich,

The best operating position I have ever used was at N4RJ's.  He custom
built an operating position with the two radio single-op thing in mind.
It is not L-shaped as you described.  It is more like a short regular
table with two wings on each side.  The radios were right in front of
you, side by side (as they should be).   On each wing was the "stuff"
that you dont really need that often like rotors, computers, etc.

I didn't design my station the same way because it would have taken too
long.  Maybe after I'm satisfied with the outside, I'll look inside.
Currently I'm still working outside.

You can check out a picture of Val at the operating position at
http://www.contesting.com/Tours/N4RJ/n4rj-inside.html.

73

Bill, W4AN