[CQ-Contest] The Great WPX Debate

Subject: [CQ-Contest] The Great WPX Debate
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher, W4AN)
Date: Tue Apr 14 22:39:08 1998
>> *I think we should have double points for 80 meters during SS so we can
>> "beat" 5 land on occasion!

Well, again you are missing the point.

When Lew gets on from W7 in the WPX contest he has nobody to compare scores
with at the end of the contest in his area.  When you operate the SS from
Maryland, you have PLENTY of competition in your geographic area.  Plenty
of standards for comparison.

Take a good look at the WPX results and count how many serious efforts
there are from the west and midwest.  You'll only need one hand for counting.

73

Bill

Bill Fisher, W4AN (EX KM9P)
http://www.contesting.com