[CQ-Contest] Palmyra

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Palmyra
From: k5na@bga.com (Richard L. King)
Date: Wed Apr 15 15:26:56 1998
At 07:08 PM 4/14/98 -1000, you wrote:

>Memories?
>
>One must be careful when/if visiting remote and deserted
>islands!  Seems no one has recalled the events at Palmyra,
>not that many years ago.  Best left at rest,  I suppose.
>
>73,  Jim,  KH7M

If anyone wants more information about what Jim is alluding to, go to your
local library to check out and read "And The Sea Will Tell" by Vincent
Bugliosi. I think the events that happened on the island were about the
time of the first-ever Kingman operation that used Palmyra as a jump-off
point.

The Jack Wheeler mentioned early in the book is now KH6CC. Jack used to
sail to Palmyra regularly to operate from there back when he was KH6CHC. I
think he may have used KP6AL as his Palmyra callsign, but my memory is
clouding with time.

73, Richard

K5NA@BGA.COM
http://www.realtime.net/~k5na