[CQ-Contest] WPX Debate - Fun vs. I want to win

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX Debate - Fun vs. I want to win
From: andrew@gi0nwg.demon.co.uk (Andrew Williamson)
Date: Sun Apr 19 19:02:45 1998
In message <000101bd6b9b$d14f9b00$ee7f1ece@tvandagr>, Ardmore America
<wa5yom@ardmore.com> writes

I try to do all the things listed below, i.e.

Improve the station capabilities;
Improve my operating skills;
and most importantly, have fun...

But, I still want to win win win.  Did competitive spirit ever do
anybody any harm?  This is CONTESTING after all.  And what is a
contest?.... an event you try to win ;-)

'nuf said on the subject now.

BTW, my name is Andrew, not Andy.  That's why I sign Andrew on the
messages.

Andrew Williamson GI0NWG / AC6WI
Homepage = http://www.gi0nwg.demon.co.uk/

ZL9CI Campbell Island - coming to a receiver near you - SOON