[CQ-Contest] WPX PARANOIA

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX PARANOIA
From: aleksander.zagar@rzs-hm.si (aleksander.zagar@rzs-hm.si)
Date: Tue Apr 28 18:03:12 1998
   Hello DX !

   I would like to say something about WPX and CQWW !

   WHY WE ARE CONTESTING ?
   -----------------------

   FUN?  Yes, but why ?

   There are so many different answers, because each
   of us search for something different !

   First wants to WIN, second wants to make NEW DX COUNTRY, third
   wants to try NEW antenna, forth wants just to say HELLO to
   his/her friend and ask him what he needs, 001 or 59 04 ?
   Oh, yes you are 59 001 and how is your family ...

   MANY, a LOT of "small" participants made great contest great !

   If we make rules the way that everyone could win from everywhere,
   there will be no more DXpeditions !  If there will be no more
   interesting DX , there will be no more "small" callers !

   Now, why I am telling you all of this ?

   Because I have found in 18 years of my contest career only
   two contests so excelent that I will try to leave my family for
   two days, my job, my TV, my friends; I will leave everything
   and go for it !

   Yes, you guess ! I am talking about CQWW and WPX !

   Both of them are so excelent because THE RULES are so EXCELENT !
                                        ---------------------------
   First (CQWW) force people to fly to soffty DX lands and that atract
   many others to be on. Second (WPX) allowed everyone can be
   interesting.

   DO NOT CHANGE THE RULES !!!
   -------------------------
   IF you have to , change them to better, not to worse !

   Now, the POINTS !
   -----------------
   For the Christ's sake ! This is D X contest !
   D X contest ! Can't you see ! If I will call W4XXX on 20 once,
   but he will answer to N4YXZ, MAYBE, just MAYBE I will call W4XXX
   again, and if he will take K4ZZZ instead of me I WILL DO NOT
   try him agian, but run away !
                                    Now thik about that YOURSELVES !

   From the USA, there is a diferent story. Probably W4XXX will stay
   longer to work ES6 or OE8, for the new one !
   (If he will be able to hear something like 100W new
   EU multiplier with his 100W USA QRM all arround on the
   20 meters band!)
   But we EUROPEANS will DO NOT call W4 so long simply because
   it is not NEW ONE !
   I will not call K5 for more than once or twice, but KZ5 ,hm,
   who knows ?

                                    I hope you have got a picture !

   The TIME !
   ----------
   I am also for the 48 hours !! I agree with the guy said why
   limit the FUN ! I do operate seriousy only in the WPX and CQWW !
   If I take my time to leave family and put the rest of the word completly
   off, I can do that twice a year easly. If I take decision to
   be here, why shoud I be punished with unwanted QRX of six hours or
   even more ! If you  can not operate from the DXpedition, you just
   might be stronger than your nextdoor competitor who will maybe fall into
   deep sleep. You won't WIN WORLD because of that, but you could
   overcome your nextoor rival.

   NEW CATEGORIES !
   ----------------
   YES, YES, and YES ! ADD them MORE ! If you have 20000 participants,
   I think It is good idea to ADD some more Categories ! Just as you
   brilliant did with ROOKIE, BAND-RESTRICTED and TS !
   This way,  a lot of those entusiastic new hams will have better
   chance to  WIN,WIN,WIN ! Young people realy enjoj beeing winner.
   Give them  a chanse ! They can not win MACHO CATEGORY (SOHP/ALL BANDS),
   - no way !

   How about 28.300 - 28.500 CATEGORY for all those USA - restricted
   operators. Untill you will not change this stupid , NOVICE,ADVANCED,
   GENERAL, EXTRA -  Band regulations ! There you -  Americans can do
   a lot more for all of us ! Your FCC are also people ! TALK TO THEM !
   Think  about that to ! I would be more than happy beeing one day
   called by the "28300-28500 young-contest-man" on the 160
   or 20 meters SSB !

     The "ONE SIZE FITS ALL" contest rules do not exist !!!

   But we may try create one!   That way !

   1) made mother earth into perfect ball

   2) there is something wrong with that how earth is turning around.
      Earth is not turning around verticaly but like this =>   /
      Fix that !

   3) Now, be carefull ! Watch out to be the same ground condactivity
      at all places !

   4) Remove all oceans and water ! Check ground condactivity again !

   5) Be sure all contesters use the exactly 10 meters
      high  tower !

   6) Be sure all contesters use the new X9 by CushCraft
      (The CushCraft  company should give me one antenna for free
       because of that, h.i.)

   7) Be sure that all of them use an ICOM 775 DSP !
      (ICOM should give me one for free, because of that ... )

   8) Be sure, all of contesters use an AlphaPower ! Type 87A will do.
      ( You, know : the AlphaPower should give me....)

   9) Now the hard one !
      Talk to the sun to erupt exactly the same amount of plasma or
      whatever for the whole next 48 h !
      (Some participants will start contest at night,
       some at darknes, another in the middle of the night !)

  10) Talk to mother nature to have perfect blue  sky , no
      tunderstorms , no snow for next 48 hours !

  11) Give all of them the location on equator ! This should
      not be a problem. Remember, there's no water !

  12) Give them all W1xxx calls, no zero points for qso, no multipiers !
      (now one shall say HIS W1BOQ is better than MY W1OBQ , uf ...
      make them "VANITY CALL SIGN", mybe you will have peace after
      all...)

  13) Think a little bit more what else you can do to make
      PERFECT CONTEST !
      Think , let's say for another century long , what else to do ?

              Now we can realy fight !    And I will WIN !!!

      Open your eyes ! THERE is not so MUCH wrong with WPX and
      CQ WW ! Guys at WPX should only send out certificates faster !
      They (N8BJQ - TNX) already create fantastic WEB PAGE  !

      Well, what else to say? Nothing ! Just see you all next year ,

      I hope with same or even better WPX & CQWW rules !

       73 de S59ZA (also KG0IE) ...(Yes, I didn't change it into K9ZA)

       Mybe, once upon the quite-a-way future, I will try KG0IE in
       WPX from USA , and you will like it, because I will be the
       only very very rear PX left then !

       73, good WWV and pile-ups from      E U R O P E   !

                                     73 de S59ZA,  Aleksander, Europe

       P.S. The closest one to  "ONE SIZE FITS ALL" contest is
            WRTC !  There competitors use all nearly the same
                    rig, antenna and power from nearly identical
                    geografical location !

            Welcome to SLOVENIA (S5) in the year 2000 for WRTC !