[CQ-Contest] Cheap Alternative

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Cheap Alternative
From: W1HIJ@contesting.com (W1HIJ--Bill)
Date: Fri May 1 09:50:33 1998
>Hey all you guys looking for a cheap alternative to the Heil Proset, the
>answer just arrived.

Mike and Gang,

I did exactly this about 6 months ago and replaced the element with an
HC-4. On air reports are excellent (TS940S) and the phones are comfortable
(at least for me) for long periods. They work well either with VOX or the
foot switch I usually use. The boom swings up out of the way, so when
you're doing the cw thing it's never a problem.

I highly recommend it --- especially at $30 for the headset...

73,

Bill, W1HIJ
Newport Beach, CA, DM13bo
ex WN1HIJ, W7GEG, AC6UH