[CQ-Contest] Decent Balun

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Decent Balun
From: vk3ajj@techno.net.au (vk3ajj)
Date: Tue May 5 22:07:03 1998
Dear Reflectees,

I am trying to improve my station in the non contest period and I am about
to put up a log periodic on my second tower. The log comes with a 4:1 balun
but it does not look particularly heavy duty. As I have had all sorts of
trouble blowing baluns in the past can anyone recommend a source in the US
for a heavy duty balun (decent power rating) that can be sourced on the net
or, alternatively a workable design for some sort of coxial balun. I do not
want to feed with open wire.

Not strictly contest stuff but you won't work me for a vk3 mult come WPX Cw
if my balun has been fried.

Regards

Paul (vk3ajj)