[CQ-Contest] Re: Heil vs. KOSS

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Heil vs. KOSS
From: bradrehm@texas.net (Brad Rehm)
Date: Tue May 12 10:19:15 1998
Rod,

Thanks for your comments on the Heil vs. RS headsets.  I have
owned both generations of Heils, and I have not been impressed
with them.  Comfort is good, but sound quality of the drivers
leaves something to be desired.  My main objection was the
distortion I could hear at and above a couple of resonant
points.  CW copy was compromised because the lowest point
happened to be at my favorite CW pitch.

I didn't think about buying the RS headset because it
seemed to be a cost-reduced version of the original Pro
headset.  Thanks to your review, I'm going to take another
look.

Again, thanks for your thoughtful comments.

73,
Brad
Brad Rehm      Georgetown, Texas
KV5V, HS0ZCT