[CQ-Contest] Re: Was: Florida Spin; Now: California Spin

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Was: Florida Spin; Now: California Spin
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Wed May 13 09:57:29 1998
-----Original Message-----
From: Trey Garlough <trey@kkn.net>
To: cq-contest@contesting.com <cq-contest@contesting.com>

>> With solely self motivated ends solely in mind I encourage
anyone with any
>> ideas on a different way to delineate club territory to chime
in...

>I propose that clubs in the medium and unlimited categories be
allowed
>to define their club territory as including any and all members
that
>are located within the same state as the club's address of
record.
>This would completely remove all the vagueries associated with
175
>mile radiuses and so forth.
>
>--Trey, N5KO (formerly of Texas, now of California)

OR...

Allow the club to contour an area of up to 96,162.5 square miles
(the area of a 175mi radius circle).  If it's good enough for our
congressmen, it's should be good enough for us!

Include a maximum (200, 300, 400 miles?) distance limit from the
club's regular meeting site--the contest club concept should be a
regional, if not local, thing, right? .

73,
dale, kg5u
kg5u@hal-pc.org