[CQ-Contest] 3 el 40 KLM

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 3 el 40 KLM
From: EDWOODS@msg.pacbell.com (Woods, Eric D PB-edwoods)
Date: Wed May 20 13:06:44 1998
These things present an input Z of about 20 ohms real and about + J 20
ohms reactive.  Try using a pair of 75 ohm, 1/4 wavelength (electrical)
feedlines between the 50 ohm input of the balun and the 50 ohm coax from
the rig.  This technique has worked on both the dipole and the 2 ele
KLM..  I think N6TR mentioned to me that he also used this technique on
his 3 ele KLM once upon a time.

A noise bridge (not one of those newfangled analyzer thingies)
measurement is a real good thing to make at the balun so you know where
to start....

Eric, K6GV
edwoods@msg.pacbell.com