[CQ-Contest] Re: SS Packet Surprise Coming!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: SS Packet Surprise Coming!
From: ky2j@ibm.net (Bob Michie)
Date: Tue Jun 2 03:49:40 1998
> Jim Stahl (k8mr@barf80.nshore.org) wrote:
> <snip>
> The most recent SS rules (October 1997 QST) provides for only
> three categories: Single operator, Multi-Single, and QRP Single
> Operator.  The General Rules for Contests below 30 MHz specifies
> that Multi-Single is limited to six band changes per hour.
> Therefore, barring a new specific rule to the contrary:

>     ANYONE WHO USES PACKET IN SS (OR ANY MULTI-OPS) WILL BE
>     LIMITED TO SIX BAND CHANGES PER HOUR!

Hi Jim,

I was confused by this also when the "General Rules" were first
published.
I contacted Billy Lunt at the ARRL and discussed the situation (at least
in
reference to multi-ops).  Billy assused me that there was no intention
of
changing the SS multi-op rules with the addition of a "six band change
per hour"
rule.  He indicated the official SS rules would over-ride the "General
Rules"
and allow unlimited band changes.

I'm concerned that this issue will not be clarified in the SS Rules.
This could
lead to some participates following the "written" rule and others
following
the "intended" rule.

I guess a clarification is in order!

73, Bob KY2J              ky2j@ibm.net