[CQ-Contest] 3 questions about WRTC2000

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 3 questions about WRTC2000
From: i4jmy@migate.ampr.org (i4jmy@migate.ampr.org)
Date: Tue Jun 9 19:31:44 1998
From: i4jmy@n8it.#nwmi.mi.usa.noam
To: wrtc2000@ne.nal.go.jp

  Hi Guys,

    I bet someone already made questions directly to wrtc organizers,
  possibly getting answers, but I can't know about, so, without
  bothering who's already busy, if you know the answers to any of
  my questions, I'll be glad to get the infos.

    If I understood well, in the "communique 1" the "criteria" were
  actually used only to determine continental percentags, deriving by
  proportions and numbers the entrants amount for each continent.

    I couldn't find anywere in that message any selecting criteria
  between partecipants so, if I didn't miss something, most of the
  complaint messages on this reflector seem to be out of the target,
  at least until the individuals selecting method will be made public.
  (but I don't think it's obligatory for the organizers to say it
  before the selections have place).

    What I think should be instead pointed out and made of public
  dominion, is a different aspect that looks very determinant where
  the wrtc2000 is, or looks very much, continental oriented for the
  selections.

  Question 1

    If the entrant number by continent has been determinated by the
  proportion of (that) continent (significative) entrants, how is it
  possible (if it is possible) to count (mix) individual results made
  from different continents ?

  Question 2

    In the case the results by different continents can't be mixed,
  how could ever have good enough results to enter wrtc2000 who is at
  the disdvantaged edges of a large continent ? (I'm thinking about
  OH's or LA's compared with F or CT in Europe, or ZS compared to 3V8
  for Africa, as examples)

  Question 3

    On the other hand if results from different continents can be
  summed as valid ones, under which criteria could enter for a stated
  continent who made instead much more points than concurrents just
  because contesting out from that continent ?

  I'm looking forward to have it more clear.

  73, Mauri I4JMY