[CQ-Contest] RTTY & Field Day 1998

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RTTY & Field Day 1998
From: ve5cma@hotmail.com (Doug Richardson)
Date: Wed Jun 10 08:48:33 1998
VE5NN The club call of the Regina ARA in Saskatchewan will be on with
all of SSB, CW and (with the help of VE5SF) RTTY. We don't necessarily
plan to run the thrid station RTTY all the time, but do plan to be as
active as RTTY activity will allow. (I guess it's just like choosing to
S&P or Run... when rates drop off, it's time for a change: So it will be
with RTTY). HOWEVER: As RTTY becomes a new mode, who knows how much
activity there will be? Not much if we don't try.
Perhaps we'll be in for a pleasant surprise and rates will climb, not
drop. All the Qs you could do before on CW es SSB, PLUS RTTY, PLUS much
better solar conditions than last year (probably... hopefully).
Hidden benefit to RTTY: ur able to demo a new mode to others who may not
have seen it before and who knows who the bug will bite!
VE5CMA Doug Richardson
3226 Tufts Bay East
Regina SK  Canada  S4V 1V2
voice (306)789-2254