No subject

Subject: No subject
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Tue Jun 16 22:31:18 1998
From: henrypol2@juno.com
To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Latest QST out/Spring 98 Communications Quarterly

Based on the notes about the 10 Meter Contest results, it looks like the
July QST is out.  My normal contest-related summary will have to wait
until I return from my current business trip to Pittsburgh.  I left
Raleigh this morning for Philadelphia before the Post Office opened;
however, I did stop by Ham Radio Outlet in New Castle, DE, before my
flight to Pittsburgh.  They did not have the July QST on the magazine
rack.  I did pick up the latest Communications Quarterly (Spring 98), so
here is some items that may be of interest to contesters.

Front cover: photo of a satellite shot of the Earth behind a computer
monitor with a similar shot and the caption "An Inexpensive Approach to
GOES Satellite Reception".  There is a related feature article inside!

Contester items: Taming the End-Fed Antenna; The Elusive Conjugate Match
(Oh No, not again!); Elevated Radial Wire Systems for Vertically
Polarized Ground-Plane Type Antennas, Part 2 - Phased Arrays (part 1 on
monopoles was in the Winter 98 issue); Signal Ducting on the 160-Meter
Band; Tech Notes - A Visit to the Half-Square Antenna; and The Care and
Feeding of the 4CX1600B; and Technical Conversations - Comments on
Elevated Radials, The Saga Continues (more on the Conjugate Match!), and
The Classic Cube Problem.

73,
Henry Pollock - K4TMC
Raleigh, NC (this week - Pittsburgh, PA)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]