[CQ-Contest] Two Radios, one band

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Two Radios, one band
From: k6xx@juno.com (Bob Wolbert)
Date: Mon Jun 22 10:17:39 1998
Jim,

Per a bit of light reading in a VHF book, for vert ants, vertical
separation is crucial. For horizontal antennas, horizontal separation is
important. To me, this indicates a single tower station would have better
luck with VERTICAL antennas.

If you use cross-polarization (one antenna vertical), your requirement
for separation is theoretically reduced.

Anyone ever try this at HF? I have--on 80m--but burned out a RX
attenuator. (Was happy to replace a resistor rather than something more
critical, though!)

73 de Bob, K6XX

On Mon, 22 Jun 1998 13:19:51 -0400 "Jim White, K4OJ" <k4oj@ij.net>
writes:

>I have had two 1500W rigs on in the same sub-band, particularly in the
>10
>Meter contest, and it is tough to isolate them....listening on the
>second
>rig without being trashed by yourself on the first rig is a challenge.

cut
>As previously mentioned by Low Tribander Tom antenna separation is the
>key.
>  If both antennas are on the same tower I think you may be spinning
>your
>wheels....if you have several towers and the antennas are spaced
>horizontally you may have a chance.
>[cut]
>Other ideas on two rigs one band?
>
>...I do not think that filtering enters in here due to the small
>percentage
>differences in frequency....is there something other than antenna
>separation which can help?
>
>73,
>
>Jim, K4OJ

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]