[CQ-Contest] Field Day Lament

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Field Day Lament
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Mon Jun 29 10:05:25 1998
> You can work them! You just don't get points for them! It's no big deal!

During Saturday, I (as a 1D station) probably worked about 100 other
1D stations.  This was because six meters was in really good shape.
Anyone who missed operating on six during the FD might want to think
about having it available next year.

At any rate - many people were just on exchanging grid squares, but
added the FD exchange too.  I didn't see any harm in working other
1D stations and agree that it might help bring them into contesting.

Feels a lot like working other stations in your own country in the
CQ WW.

Six meters is lots of fun - it is like a contest whenever it opens!

73 Tree N6TR / K7RAT
tree@contesting.com
CN85 1D Orygun

"Put up a six meter beam.  It is great practice for the real thing."