[CQ-Contest] Re: When Is The Contest Over

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: When Is The Contest Over
From: n2au@lightlink.com (Art & Linda Hubert)
Date: Tue Jun 30 11:48:00 1998
I would say that no matter how much discussion takes place, it all
comes down to each individual contester and what he feels morally
correct when preparing his log for submittal.  Any correction to a log
after the contest is over is "sanitizing".  We all have our thoughts of
WHEN we reach that point in "Sanitizing" the logs that we enter the gray
area of doctoring the logs  (cheating in the non-politically correct
world). Is listening to a tape recording of the contest any more or less
sanitizing of the log than comparing it to a database??
 Lets say during a contest you work S79H on three bands but in your 10
 meter log you worked S79S.  You know you really worked S79H (could be
 you made a mistake in copying or he might have made a sending error).
 If you change the callsign, have you sanitized your log or have you
 entered that gray area???  It's your decision.

 Art-N2AU