[CQ-Contest] IARU Electronic Log Submissions

Subject: [CQ-Contest] IARU Electronic Log Submissions
From: bkennamer@arrl.org (Kennamer, Bill, K5FUV)
Date: Thu Jul 9 15:20:00 1998

This weekend the 1998 IARU HF World Championship will be run. We hope to see
all of you participating this year.

For those participants who will be submitting electronic logs by E-mail,
here is the preferred format to help us identify which logs we have, and
where they should go.

All logs should be sent to:

contests@arrl.org

You will get an automatic response. The response indicates that we have
received your correspondence. The remainder of the response indicates how we
would prefer the logs to be filed. Your logs are not reviewed when received,
but we will contact you later if there is a problem with format, etc.

When submitting logs, please put in the subject line:

Call Contest   Mode Class

as in the style:

K1NO IARU CW   SO

For the IARU Contest, modes are PH, CW, or MX
Class is SO, MS, or HQ

Please attach files to your message. At present, we can*t accept logs of
over 100 QSOs with embedded text. This is a software problem that our
Information Services Department is working on. Until the problem is fixed,
we need the attached files.

Attach the files Call.sum and Call.log to the message body, in the style of:
K1NO.SUM and K1NO.log.

Special Note for US stations: Please use a text editor and put your ARRL
Section on your summary sheet. If it*s not indicated, we have to guess, and
sometimes we guess wrong.

Information on the desired file format may be found at
http://www.arrl.org/contests/announcements/98/rules-all.html

In the future, we will be enhancing the log gathering procedure. For now,
using this procedure will help us to better serve you.

73,

Bill Kennamer K5FUV
Membership Services Manager