[CQ-Contest] State QSO parties

Subject: [CQ-Contest] State QSO parties
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Fri Jul 10 10:19:33 1998
Hi,

As some of you may know I now edit the contest corral and
special events pages in QST.  While I am sitting here
and putting the  September contest page together an idea
that someone once suggested to me has come back to mind.

I think it would be a good idea if the state QSO parties
were to either happen all on the same weekend or on
a few common weekends for diffrent parts of the
country.  It would also be good if they had the same
sort of exchange and rules.

I think that it would benifit everyone involved.
The increased activity would help everyones contest
and I think make the events more fun.

The region one field day is run like this - so that
each country has its own contest but they are on
the same day and time with exchanges that match up
so you can use the same logging format.

(And yes it would make my job eaiser as well.)
--

George Fremin III          "I'm talkin' 'bout that outlaw X
Austin, Texas                It's cuttin' through the air.... "